24/7 Adult / Elder Crisis Line: (250) 723-4050
The weekly event begins with the distribution of food hampers followed by life skills workshops. Individualized appointments will occur for those requiring assistance for housing/vacancy placements and/or eviction prevention.
URGENT NEEDS DISTRIBUTION
Food hampers and hygiene products will be handed out during these events starting off with hamper distribution, followed by a workshop and then booked client appointments for housing and/or landlord issues.
The series of life skills elements will include:
- how to create a healthy support system
- household skills
- shopping on a limited income
- ways of finding and maintaining housing
- goal setting and future planning
- how to be a good tenant
- personalized budgeting
- builiding a resume and being employment ready
- effective communication and positive inter-personal relationships
CLIENT SUPPORT- APPOINTMENT
Those needing assistance with finding housing, or help with eviction prevention are able to get support during each location’s event. A booked appointment is necessary please call 250-723-4050 (24hr KUU-US Crisis Line Society).
Ucluelet: Youth Room, Ucluelet Community Centre, 500 Matterson Drive
Tofino: Royal Canadian Legion, 331 Main St.